09 February 2009

Walking the Dogs.


On the ritual twilight dog walks with Darcy (wife) and Betty and Miles (dogs), I started taking pictures of the spectacular Florida skies with my cellphone. I probably took over a hundred photos. Every day the sky was different with its own mood and character. I couldn't wait to get out to see what the sky looked like each evening.

I did a few drawings utilizing some of these skies. The drawings above are a couple from that series -- monumental events (a plane plummeting to earth and a superhero on a collision course with a deadly Sidewinder missile) diminished into almost obscurity by the overwhelming color and complexity of an afternoon sky. 

On my web site, oneswellillustrator.com, you can see a later rendition of the second drawing in which I removed the clouds and made the image a totally flat, graphic solution.

1 comment: